Garage Door Repairs in Alpharetta & Marietta, GA
Reliable Garage Door Repair Company, Here for You 24/7
Garage doors rely on complex mechanical systems to make them easy to open and close, and with time, even the highest-quality garage doors can break, making it difficult to use your garage or secure it properly.
When you need help repairing your garage door in North Atlanta or northern Georgia, contact Balanced Garage Doors.
Our experienced technicians are available 24/7, and with our fully stocked trucks and same-day service, you can count on fast repairs anytime you need them, day or night.
Signs Your Garage Door Needs Repair
Most of the time, garage door problems are easy to spot. Call our team right away for garage door repairs when you notice any of these issues:
- The door looks crooked or misaligned.
- The lift cables are loose or disconnected.
- One or more rollers are off the track.
- The garage door torsion spring is broken or makes loud noises.
- It’s hard to open or won’t open all the way.
- It closes hard or drops suddenly.
- The garage door opener won’t work.
- The door is stuck partially open.
Our experts will respond quickly and recommend the best repairs for your needs and budget. We can repair most common garage door problems, but we also offer garage door replacements if repairs aren’t an option.
Contact us today for expert garage door repairs in Buford, Duluth, Alpharetta, or surrounding areas.
Quality Garage Door Parts
At Balanced Garage Doors, we strive to offer our customers the best parts available for reliable, long-term garage door performance and quality repairs you can count on.
Our parts are carefully curated to provide longer service and better performance than competing products, including these components:
- Garage door springs: Our torsion springs are designed to withstand 20,000 cycles before failure, compared to the typical 10,000 cycles of lesser models.
- Rollers: Our rollers feature 13 roller bearings for a longer service life and quieter operation. They can last 100,000 cycles compared to the 20,000 cycles of typical 10-bearing rollers.
- Lift cables: Our cables are made from aircraft-grade galvanized steel with 19 wires per strand and seven strands per cable for long service life, impressive durability, and enhanced corrosion resistance.
- Hinges: We feature heavy-duty 11- and 14-gauge hinges for greater strength and durability compared to the standard 16-gauge alternatives.
Contact our team to learn more about the benefits of choosing our quality parts for your garage door repairs.
Routine Garage Door Maintenance
Routine maintenance can go a long way toward maximizing the service life of your garage door, preventing parts failures, and avoiding operational issues.
With our 25-point garage door maintenance checklist, Balanced Garage Doors will fully inspect your garage door and make sure it’s operating properly.
We offer garage door maintenance throughout North Atlanta and northern Georgia. A typical service visit will include:
- A complete garage door inspection
- Testing the locks, handles, and hardware
- Inspecting and adjusting the torsion spring
- Testing and adjusting the garage door sensors
- Inspecting the hinges for damage
- Checking the lift cables for fraying or damage
- Testing the rollers and bearings
- Cleaning and inspecting the tracks
- Checking the condition of weatherstripping
- Lubricating the rollers, hinges, locks, and other moving components
- Checking and tightening all fasteners
- Testing the garage door opener
- And more
Check out our 25-point inspection checklist to learn which areas we focus on during our maintenance services.
Why Trust Balanced Garage Doors To Repair Your Garage Door?
It takes a qualified professional to service garage doors safely. With weights that can exceed hundreds of pounds, garage doors are heavy, and the torsion springs that lift them can store tremendous amounts of energy, leading to serious injuries if a spring snaps or breaks.
At Balanced Garage Doors, we have the experience and equipment to repair your garage door safely, and we offer fast, affordable services throughout northern Georgia. With our quality parts and top-notch work, you can count on us for all your garage door needs.
Contact us today to schedule garage door service and repairs in northern Georgia or the North Atlanta area.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I repair my own garage door?
Your time is worth something, and you’ll spend much more time repairing your garage door than we will. We have the right tools. If you try to do the work yourself, you’re also likely to void the manufacturer’s warranty. In the end, it’s not worth it. The best home DIYers (do-it-yourselfers) know when to call a professional.
Can I replace a section of my garage door, or do I need to replace the whole door?
It depends on the damage. If one panel is damaged, a one-panel replacement may work. But if the hinges or springs are damaged, partial replacement is tricky. Let Balanced Garage Doors assess your garage door repair.
What causes a garage door to break?
Undamaged garage doors usually last 15–30 years, depending on garage door maintenance. Your garage door can break due to:
- Broken or worn-out cables, hardware (bolts, etc.), hinges, rollers, or springs
- Track misalignment
Why does my garage door open/close on its own?
It could be a circuit board short, damaged wiring, or incorrect settings. It might be a radio frequency or wireless signal problem with your garage door remote controls. Do you have debris close to the door?
Garage doors have a safety feature that prevents them from closing if they sense any obstacles. If the sensor is dirty or damaged, it could be the cause of opening/closing erratically.
If you live in or around North Fulton County or Gwinnett County, you expect high-quality products, services, and affordability. Balanced Garage Doors products are made from superior materials, and we’re a recipient of the Angi Super Service Award and are a Home Advisor contractor.
We care about your home and family because we’re members of your community.
What To Expect
Discover the Difference
You can wave goodbye to service fees when you work with our team.
Our expert technicians always deliver high-quality work for unbeatable prices.
We use quality guaranteed parts so that you don’t have to worry about any future problems.
Highly-trained, skilled, and experienced, our technicians can handle all your garage needs.
If you need fast repairs for your garage, we offer same-day service for your convenience.
As a proud member of the North Georgia community, we work hard to earn your trust.
I've had two very good experiences with this company. In the latest interaction, a panel on one of my garage doors was damaged and needed to be replaced. They came out to give an estimate within hours...Wayne A.
Had a wonderful experience. Caleb was very helpful on the phone and was able to have someone come out quickly to assess our damage. Damien arrived right on time and worked efficiently and did not try ...Christy L.
Excellent experience and value from the first phone call to schedule service to finish! Matt came out as our technician and was extremely personable, professional, honest and efficient. He pointed out...Zed P.
Outstanding and professional service! I called Balanced Garage Doors for a door spring replacement, and I couldn't be happier with the result. Within one hour of the call, Spencer was on-site and knoc...Ryan D.
Great company and excellent service hands down! Worked with Connor for installing a new LiftMaster motor and rail. He also helped fix the door hinges and fix the switches. He gave me a great deal. Con...Rajasekhar C.
First time customer, and I have had an amazing experience with this company. My technician Cord is incredible! Wish I could give him 20 stars. He was that good. Garage door fixed about 2 hours after m...Jan P.